Friday 12 June 2009

Project Update

Sorry for the lack of updates over the last couple of weeks — however I have had my first year undergraduate exams this week and was revising the week prior. With my exams now out of the way I am able to start working full-throttle on my GSoC project.

According to my schedule (which I will post verbatim in a later post) the plan it to spend the first week getting up to speed on exactly how the TeX layout algorithm works and how it is currently implemented in Matplotlib. If all goes to plan you can expect a diagram-filled blog post on it near the end of next week.

My mentors, John Hunter and Michael Droettboom have given me some good reading material on it (along with the current implementation, of course) so this should not be too difficult.

Finally, sometime in the near future you can also expect a discussion on backends (so the code responsible for turning a list of characters and coordinates into an image/document).

No comments:

Post a Comment